Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Didier Drogba Announces Departure from Chelsea

*didierdrogba.com

In a dramatic twist, Chelsea FC's Champions League hero Didier Drogba announces that he won't be staying in the club next season. This announcement came on the night of the team's open top bus parade around London.

It must be noted that Chelsea had a dismal season in the BPL where they did not even qualify for the Champions League next season and will only be eligible for the fact that the won the trophy.

The poor early showing of the team and some time spent on the bench early in the season might have prompted the start from Ivory Coast to look for greener pastures elsewhere. It almost seems like he had sealed the deal before things turned around for Chelsea. I can just imagine what kind of regret he must be feeling now since he is considered to be the match hero in last Saturday's UCL final against Bayern Munich along with keeper Petr Cech. Right now, it would seem like a good time to ask Roman Abramovich for anything.

However decisions have been made long ago and the wheels have been turned. below is Drogba's statement as posted in his official website www.didierdrogba.com



"After eight seasons with Chelsea, I leave the club with a Champions League success and with great sadness, but even better recognition. Even the greatest stories come to an end. My contract is finished and I am now prepared to leave the Blues. It is with great sadness but also with much gratitude that I announce you my departure from Chelsea.

I played my last game for the club in Munich and I am delighted to have finally been able to lift the Champions League trophy after an incredible final. I am sad, even if it is part of the life of a footballer. We have to accept it. Above all, I will remember all the great seasons I have had here, and all the emotions that will remain forever etched in my memory.

Thanks again to all the fans for their tremendous support. I wish the best success to this club where I may come back in the future, but in a different role.
"Blue is the color!""

Didier

No comments:

Post a Comment